Saturday, March 14, 2009

Exploring the banks of Belle River








Spent the afternoon exploring the banks of belle river
when ever I need to refuel my spirit
I find myself at the waters edge
a river
a lake
even a creek
it does not matter
The water is all that matters
It was a simply beautiful day
hiking down the banks
still a bit on the muddy side
just weeks ago the river went over it's banks
and flooded the area
But a little bit of mud never stopped me before
I let the sounds of the moving water
wash over my spirit
the warm air reminding me that winter has come to an end
the sounds of birds chirping as to say Yes Lorri spring is here!
the sounds of tree's moving in the warm wind
was a wonderful way to spend a early spring afternoon.



Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

♥Trina♥ said...

Those are beautiful pictures, and your thoughts are beautiful as well! There is nothing like the water to soothe the soul. One of my favorite places in the world is our little piece of Heaven at the lake. It is nothing fancy, but there is nothing I'd rather do than to sit on the porch with a cup of coffee every morning and watch the earth wake up. Someday, I'll be able to do that every morning.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

You rock, sister. I so dig your site. I'm going to link to you, but right now I'm on my second glass of wine and will totally screw it up. I'll remember tomorrow, though. Good work!

nikkicrumpet said...

The sound of running water or waves is such a stress reliever. We put a pond and waterfall in our yard and I can sit out there for hours just listening to the falling water and the birds sing. It really does renew you. I've had fun snooping around your beautiful blog!