Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things

It's been a while since my last post
I have so many things I want to talk about
so many things have happen
seems the world is out of balance
not my world as much
things are good here
but in the grand scheme of things
I think a lot of people
need to put some things in perspective
in my personal life
there is someone I love that
is so off balanced
and there is really nothing
I can do to help them
she is an adult
and needs to walk her own path
but emotionally
she is all over the map
the highest of highs
then followed by the lowest of lows
she just can't find a balance
I want to help
but my help
is not wanted
so I hope
I pray
and sneak in advice when I can
hoping it stays under her
"Your Judging Me" radar
it's not judging ..
it's experience
it's only wanting the best for you
it's being your age once
it's spoken from a place of balance
it's spoken from a place of Love
so I wait
hope
pray
love
you
more then you will ever understand


While I was absent from my blog
so many things in our world
have been happening
our society
has lost some of it's "stars"
a few of which I felt a connection too

One was a beautiful women
who really all I knew about as a child
is a picture of her was on my big brothers wall
for as long as I can remember
I never saw her tv show till I was an adult
watching re runs
my brother still has her picture on his wall
I really didn't know much
about her
accept gossip
I would see on tv
it was not until she got sick
that I started following her story
battling cancer
she fought a tough fight
she shared with us her battles
she inspired
she showed us a true Fight for life
she showed us that life is worth the fight
and in the end
she showed us that
Love was everything
in the end
she wanted her long time love
her soul mate
her child
the piece of her soul
her best friend
her souls sister
she passed with respect
and compassion
watching the news
that morning
I didn't cry
I smiled
I smiled because
she was at peace
Life had become her illness
I feel that at the point
she was ready
to go home
and she did ..
Her family
could now
start
to live again
and
find peace in
her memory

The same day
news broke on another
"star"
one of which
I had a connection too
back in 84
I went to my first concert
the victory tour
I didn't even know really who
he was
but all my friends did
I went with a friend
and her family
I remember being overwhelmed
by the crowd
screaming
crying
over emotional
teen age girls
from all walks of life
I remember crying
but I didn't understand why
but as an adult
I understand
I felt the energy of the room
and it was overwhelming

his death
was sudden
but by many expected
my opinion
he was lost many years ago
I like many, watched on tv
how could you not
every channel was talking about it
but with this death
came
the unbalance
that was his life
if you sat back and watched
some where disgusted by the coverage
some where heart broken and cried
others stepped in
to further them selves in their endeavors
it was his life
this unbalance
so none of it shocked me
it didn't really stir much emotion
within me ..maybe pitty
his death
and the chaos of his life
will be "news" for some time
because people feed off things like this
it's not good for us
but people do
We are not to learn
from his life
but his music
he inspired through his songs
he was not a king
he was not a god
he was someone who
gave us inspiration through song
no matter what you think of him personally
the lyrics..
that was his message
it touched many many people
those words inspired us
and don't we all want
our words
our lives
our battles
to inspire another
Both of them touched our lives
in a different way
let that be what the impact is on your life
get things in perspective
inspire those in your life
fight those battles and don't give up
let your compassion show in your words and actions
be there for the people in your life
be real with them ..
there's no second chances sometimes


share your story
you will be an inspiration to somebody

let that be all of our legacy

2 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Very eloquently expressed, as always. I hope your friend is okay--it's always so hard to watch people learn their lessons. There's really nothing you can do but be there to support them. I love the way you said you hope to stay under her judgment radar.

Keep writing...

ModernMom said...

A very thought provoking post:)